Non-Degree Students

Non-Degree students must be admitted by a graduate program or faculty. If you wish to take one or more courses as a non-degree student, please contact the academic department or graduate program directly.

Graduate Admissions Policy 1.3.7: Admission as a Non-degree Student

Normally, a non-degree student at the graduate level has at least a bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, is admitted in order to complete specified courses, but is not seeking a degree from this University. A non-degree student will not be permitted to enrol in undergraduate courses.

Application is through the graduate program committee in the department in which the student wishes to work; applicants are advised to contact the department before submitting an application (see 1.3.1). Transcripts of previous university work (or proof of obtaining a degree) will be required at the time of application, but letters of reference will not necessarily be required.

No credit will be given towards any degree offered by the University for courses completed as a non-degree student except, under unusual circumstances, on petition to the senate graduate studies committee.