SFU’s three campuses (Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey) are all located on unceded, traditional and ancestral xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) territories. We are honoured to live and work on these Coast Salish lands.
Indigenous graduate students come to SFU from across Turtle Island. We welcome you.
How do I connect with the Indigenous community at SFU?
- Indigenous Student Centre
- Office for Aboriginal Peoples
- Indigenous Graduate Student Support Coordinator, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Services: SFU OLC's Indigenous community stories and services
Teaching and Leadership
Indigenous leaders and educators come to SFU to enhance their knowledge and skills in order to benefit their communities.
Indigenous students take classes in every Faculty at SFU. We have also developed the following programs specifically for Indigenous Peoples.
Research and Knowledge Translation
SFU's motto of Engaging the World means that we are committed to honouring all knowledge systems and working with our many communities. SFU graduate students develop valuable research which involves community members and benefits all partners involved in the work.
Indigenous Graduate Student Profiles
- Epic Summer Photo Contest #1 "Show Us Your Research" Closing Soon!
- You're Invited: National Indigenous Peoples Day 100 Drums Event
- Keynote with Dr. Alex Wilson: Rationality, Reconciliation and Anti-Oppressive Education
- Reconciliation at SFU Quarterly Report
- External Award: Indigenous Gender and Wellness Travel Award
- Mitacs Training Workshops: Summer 2018
- Job Posting: Netolnew Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indigenous Education
- Why Art Matters: Art, SFU and Aboriginal Reconciliation
- Job Posting: Research Internship with Ecotrust Canada
- External Award: Pre-Doctoral Fellowships for Indigenous Students at Queen's University
- Welcome Denver Lynxleg, Indigenous Graduate Student Coordinator!
- Indigenous Film and Resurgence
- Student Profile: Skye Augustine
- Student Profile: Elena Pennell
- Student Profile: Valerie Bob
- Student Profile: Monique Auger
- Research Profile: Jordan Abel
- Research Profile: Kyle Bobiwash
How do I learn the professional skills to succeed during and after my studies?
SFU offers a variety of opportunities through the APEX Professional Development program to empower and educate all graduate students for success both during and after their studies.