Sessional Job Opportunities
The Faculty of Health Sciences requires Sessional Instructors to teach the following courses during the Fall Term 2019.
• HSCI 160: Global Perspectives on Health
• HSCI 214: Perspectives on Mental Health and Illness
• HSCI 215: Perspectives on Disability and Injury
• HSCI 323: Principles of Pharmacology and Toxicology
• HSCI 424/890: Strategic Applications of GIS in Health
• HSCI 432: Seminar in Epidemiology
• HSCI 449: Community and Health Service
• HSCI 478/778: Seminar in Molecular Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
CODE Job Opportunities
There are currently no CODE job opportunities.
Teaching Assistant Job Opportunities
There are currently no Teaching Assistant opportunities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Simon Fraser University is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ-identified persons.
The University is committed to the principle of equity in employment. (See Policy GP 19.)
The information submitted with your application is collected under the authority of the University Act (R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, s. 27(4)(a)), applicable federal and provincial employment regulations and requirements, the University's non-academic employment policies and applicable collective agreements.
The information is related directly to and needed by the University to initiate the employment application process. The information will be used to contact references supplied by you, evaluate your qualifications and complete the employment process by making a hiring decision.
If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information please contact the Executive Director, Human Resources, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6. Telephone 778-782-3237.
2019 TA Appointments
If you are a newly appointed/returning TA for the 2019 Summer Semester, please view the relevant information (e.g. workload) as well as the forms you will need to fill in here.
Instructions for Sessional and CODE Candidates
Please follow the formatting instructions below when emailing your application for each posting.
In the Subject Line of the email, indicate the following information in the order specified below: Course Number, Last Name, First Name.
All application information must be sent as one PDF document containing a cover letter and CV/resume. Do not send separate attachments for each document.
In the body of the email, copy and paste the following questions and send with your responses:
- Do you currently, or have you in the past, worked for or studied at Simon Fraser University? (Response: Yes or No). If yes, please provide your SFU ID number (Student or Employee number) if known.
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? (Response: Yes or No).
- If you are currently on a work or study permit, please indicate expiry date and all conditions associated with your permit, if applicable.
By submitting an application, you understand and agree that any false or misleading statement may disqualify you from employment; or, after having obtained employment with the University, may result in dismissal.
Hired Sessionals - Click here for Required Forms