Virtual Orientation

Please use this section to get settled, find support and take advantage of university services. 

US and International Students

If you're coming to Canada from another country, you will have a few additional tasks.

The International Services for Students website is a great resource to help you learn about visa regulations, housing, banking, transportation, schooling & childcare, and much more.

Study permits & visas

  • Apply for your study permit and any permits for accompanying family members. Please visit the International Student Advising page to learn more about bringing your family to Canada.
  • If you plan to visit or stop over in another country en route to Canada, you should check with that country‚Äôs Embassy/Consulate to find out which documents you and your family will need.
  • If you are planning to transit through the United States, the U.S. has suspended its policy of allowing travelers to pass through U.S. airports in transit to foreign destinations without a visa if they would otherwise require a visa to enter the U.S. This change has no effect upon Canadian citizens nor upon those who qualify to enter the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program. Before you book your flight to Canada, you should ensure that you have the proper documents. Check with the United States Embassy or Consulate closest to you.

Medical insurance

Arrival dates

Find Tips for Adjusting to a New Culture

Learn about Academic Cultural Expectations in Canada

Important Info for Delays/Deferrals