Please use this section to get settled, find support and take advantage of university services.
The SFU Library is dedicated to providing graduate students access to collections, services and facilities of the highest possible quality in support of the teaching, learning, and research goals of the Simon Fraser University community.
Graduate students at SFU have access to over 2.5 million print and microform volumes and 2.9 million online items available through the Library’s website.
- 1,350,000 print books and more than 400,000 e-books
- 6,000 print and 63,000 e-journal subscriptions
- 500+ databases
- Plus maps, data sets, slides, online images, films, DVDs, and sound recordings.
Graduate students also enjoy a semester loan period (subject to recall by other students and faculty).
Items can also be delivered from one campus library to another, thereby increasing the range of materials available to you. If the SFU Library doesn’t have the book or article you need, they can get it—at no charge.
Services for graduate students are provided through the Library’s emerging Research Commons and include:
- Assistance with thesis guidelines, formatting, and submission offered by the Library’s thesis assistant and online resource pages.
- Writing support offered by the Library’s SLC Writing Coordinator and graduate facilitators.
- Personal consultations for research assistance with the Library’s liaison librarians
- Online resource and subject guides
- An EAL / ESL specialist is available to help you improve your spoken and written English through individual consultations, workshops, and personalized learning plans.
A wide range of individual and group study spaces at all three Library sites is offered to support teaching and learning needs and to enhance the student experience overall.
There are also offices available to graduate students writing theses. Offices are awarded to applicants through the Dean of Graduate Studies office.
Course: Library Research Skills
There is a free Canvas course on Library Research Skills.
See the full contact list for all campuses and specific inquiries.
- Graduate Student Society
- Campus Childcare
- Campus Safety & Security Services
- Career Services
- Centre for Accessible Learning
- Financial Assistance
- Food on Campus
- Health & Counselling Services
- Indigenous Student Centre
- Interfaith Centre
- International Services for Students
- Office of Research Ethics
- Out on Campus
- Research Commons
- SFU Library
- SFU Campuses
- Teaching and Learning Centre
- Teaching Support Staff Union
- Women's Centre