Please use this section to get settled, find support and take advantage of university services.
Get to know Metro Vancouver
Metro Vancouver is one of the most livable cities in the world, and SFU's campuses are located throughout the region.
One of your student benefits is the U-Pass BC, which lets you access the public transit system, including buses, SkyTrain and SeaBus (excludes the West Coast Express). All three campuses are located near SkyTrain lines, and if you're exploring Vancouver for the first time, we recommend that you get familiar with the SkyTrain system first. (See Getting your U-Pass BC.)
(If you like the video above, here are other results for a YouTube search on Tourism Vancouver.)
We also post a list of events happening around Metro Vancouver in our monthly update. Find it in your email or on our blog!
Many attractions around Metro Vancouver offer student discounts, so make sure to have your student ID with you.
- Bloedel Conservatory
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Grouse Mountain student pass
- Harbour Air Seaplanes for 50% off standby
- Museum of Vancouver
- Science World
- Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Vancouver Inspiration Pass for two weeks free admission to 27 partner venues
- Vancouver Lookout
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra for up to two $15 tickets
- Whistler Blackcomb student pass