Creating space for transformative conversations
Richmond Living Together Symposium
Join the Canadian Race Relations Foundation and Richmond community partners in an exploration of what it means to be Canadian in 2016—and beyond!
We respectfully acknowledge that this event is taking place in the unceded Coast Salish Territory.
January 21, 2016 | John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse, 7277 River Road, Richmond, BC
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Join us for a day of conversation and community building.
Register online HERE
Regional sponsors: City of Richmond, Richmond Intercultural Advisory Committee, Richmond Multicultural Community Services (RMCS), and SFU's Centre for Dialogue.
Living Together is an invitation to everyone—individuals, community and faith leaders, academics and diversity champions —to explore Canadian values and identity, and contribute a vision for Richmond—and Canada.
The Symposium is an opportunity for people from diverse communities to get to know more about each other. It is a time to listen, share and reflect—and to work together to create a vision for an inclusive, harmonious community.
Living Together: Richmond
The symposium is a unique opportunity to explore important issues, and work together to envision a future that reflects our diverse ethnocultural communities. The agenda is highly interactive and focuses on key questions.
- Identity and belonging Do you feel Canadian? If so, why? If not, why not?
- What do you hope will change in the future in Canada?
- What do you value about living in Canada?
- How do your spiritual beliefs or your faith community support the building of a diverse and inclusive Richmond?
- If you immigrated to Canada: What did you seek in coming to Canada? Did you find it?
Planning for the future
- What opportunities do you see for building a more inclusive community?
- What are some of the ways in which we could be more inclusive of our diverse community overthe next 10 years?
- What are the needs today, and what needs to happen in the next 10 years in Richmond?
In conversation: A dialogue on inclusive communities
Reflections: Roundtable discussions
Working session: Community timeline
Break: Shared stories
Mapping: Reviewing, action plans, sharing, revising
Appreciation of the Territory
Click HERE for more information on the CRRF’s Roundtable program