Creating space for transformative conversations
Job Posting: Associate Director
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue, the Associate Director is a member of the Centre's executive team and is responsible for leading and overseeing the Centre's administrative processes, business processes and infrastructure. The Associate Director is responsible for: aligning overall activities to the Centre's strategic plan and organizational goals, overseeing the development and implementation of effective and efficient business procedures, infrastructure, data collection and reporting across the Centre, operationalizing, overseeing and evaluating the partnership with SFU Meeting, Events and Conference Services (MECS) and SFU Vancouver on managing the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue building and its business practices, engaging in a collaborative relationship with faculty, administrators and students for faculty and student initiatives, providing overall budget planning and forecasting including advice on the complex financial infrastructure of the Centre's social enterprise and external funding, providing advice and guidance in the application of University personnel policies and collective agreements for administrative and union matters, working with senior university administration to develop new university and Centre policies and procedures for the Centre's unique infrastructure and overseeing the planning and successful production of high-profile events and conferences.
- Masters' degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with five years of related experience in administration, operations, budget management, human resource management, event management and student/faculty engagement.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational, time management and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Excellent budget analysis, planning and fiscal management skills.
- Excellent supervisory, coaching, team management, mentorship and human resource management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to faculty and student engagement and build partnerships with faculties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise initiative, diplomacy and discretionary judgment.
Assignment End Date: January 15, 2021
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment. Deadline to apply is August 30, 2019.