community announcements and events
Facilitators Needed for Active Transporation Workshop, Surrey City Centre
FACILITATORS NEEDED FOR ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION WORKSHOP, SURREY CITY CENTRE
Volunteer opportunity; Honorarium: $160/Facilitator
We are looking for 4 volunteer facilitators for a Community Workshop on active transportation that will be held at KB Woodward Elementary School, on June 18 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM. KB Woodward is located at a 15-minute walk or a 5-minute bike ride from Gateway Skytrain Station in Surrey City Centre.
We’d need Facilitators to arrive on site at KB Woodward Elementary at 9:00 AM sharp, and leave at 12:00 PM--for a total of 3 hours of commitment on June 18.
Moreover, On June 17 from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM, we’d need facilitators to meet at the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s office for a “dry run” and to walk through the event’s itinerary prior to the event. The Heart and Stroke Foundation’s office is located at 1212 West Broadway at the corner with Alder Street, in Vancouver; just 3 blocks East of Broadway and Granville.
We are looking for Facilitators who have:
1) Excellent people skills and ability to energize, inspire and engage others;
2) Some experience facilitating “small group” discussions and community dialogues;
3) Ability to effectively facilitate “small group” discussions, move the conversation forward, and ensure everyone is heard and engaged;
4) Excellent verbal communications skills and impeccable English;
5) Good note-taking skills; good flipchart writing skills and asset;
6) Some knowledge of and passion for active transportation is preferred but not necessary.
Interested? Please, e-mail your resume to Alice Miro (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by: Monday, June 8, 2015, and keep your calendar tentatively on hold for: June 17 form 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM and June 18 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, in case you are selected for this opportunity.