- Preparing for graduate studies
- Get Involved
- Drop-in workshops
- Mini course
- Awards & funding
- Herbert G. Grubel Award
- James Dean Award
- Lang Wong Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- Meiyu Li Memorial Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Entrance Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowship
- Richard G. Lipsey Award
- Terry Heaps Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Fellowship in Economics
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Scholarship in Economics
- Job market candidates
- Graduate student profiles
- Student publications
- Department Login
Limited term Lecturer
The Department of Economics at Simon Fraser University is inviting applications for one full-time 2-year Limited Term teaching faculty appointment at the rank of Lecturer. The expected starting date is on or after Jan 1, 2024. Later starting dates and/or 1-year terms will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching macroeconomics, monetary economics, international macro, microeconomics, and econometrics. However, strong candidates in all fields will be given serious consideration.
Teaching excellence is the primary criterion for this position. The successful candidate must hold a PhD in Economics or a closely related field by the employment start date; however, PhD candidates with solid indication of imminent completion may be considered.
The candidate must demonstrate:
• a strong record of teaching success commensurate with their experience;
• potential for excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level;
Simon Fraser University is an institution whose strength is based on our shared commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is an underlying principle of our Strategic Vision, which pledges SFU to “foster a culture of inclusion and mutual respect, celebrating the diversity reflected among its students, faculty, staff, and our community. We serve students of diverse ethnic, cultural, linguistic and international origins. Therefore, interest and/or experience in working in multicultural and international settings with students who have diverse backgrounds is a desired attribute of all applicants.
Normally, faculty members holding a limited term teaching position will teach 8 one-term courses across three terms annually. The teaching assignments will be in undergraduate courses across many fields of economics, including both core microeconomics and applied field courses. It is expected that the successful candidate will contribute to the Department, Faculty, University and to the academic profession through service.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV, three confidential letters of reference, and a teaching dossier which demonstrates your teaching effectiveness and should be submitted by October 31, 2023. The teaching dossier should include:
• a two-page summary describing your teaching philosophy, and any work on course and curriculum development and/or pedagogical innovation;
LIMITED TERM LECTURE OPENING Simon Fraser University Department of Economics
Information provided in this application will help us organize our recruiting process. The information you submit is treated confidentially. Under authority of the University Act, personal information that is required by the University in appointment competitions will be collected. For further details, please see the Collection Notice.
- Click on New Application.
- Under Search by Criteria, filter results by selecting Any Field in the Categories menu, and Simon Fraser University in the Institutions menu.
- Click Apply Now to begin the application process.