- About us
- News & events
Registration now open for Summer 2020 TA workshops
At the beginning of every semester, the Department of Economics offers workshops for Teaching Assistants (TAs) on best practices in grading writing assignments, standardizing marking based on rubrics and benchmarks, and providing students with feedback on their communication skills.
The training will be delivered over three two-hour long workshops. The first two workshops are for all TAs and the last workshop is for TAs in writing intensive courses. These three workshops will be delivered online via Zoom, and detailed information will be sent to participants upon registration.
The workshops cover topics around:
- Effective ways to provide feedback
- Key areas to focus on when grading your students' writing
- University resources to help students improve their writing skills
- Hands-on standardization of marking writing samples
Online via Zoom
- Monday, May 11 | 8:30 am—10:30 am | For all TAs
- Monday, May 25 | 8:30 am—10:30 am | For all TAs
- Monday, June 1 | 8:30 am—10:30 am | For TAs of writing intensive courses