- YABOME GILPIN-JACKSON NAMED SFU’S FIRST VICE-PRESIDENT, PEOPLE, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
- Message from the Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion
- Personnel updates in the VPPEI Portfolio
- Fall 2022 update from the Vice-President, People, Equity and Inclusion
- Supporting members of SFU's Iranian community
- Equity Compass conversations
- STATEMENT FROM THE VP, PEI: ADDRESSING RACISM AND HATE AT SFU
- Updates from the VP People, Equity and Inclusion
Vancity Office of Community Engagement (SFU VOCE) and Megaphone present Voices of the Street podcast - April 6
This series continues SFU VOCE’s support of Megaphone’s ethos of empowering marginalized voices through journalism and creative self-expression. The Voices of the Street podcast series enabled storytellers to create their own episodes. Each episode was produced and directed by a Megaphone storyteller with lived experience of substance use, poverty and various other barriers to traditional employment.
Cross-Disciplinary support for individuals with autism - March 30
SFU Education Professor Elina Birmingham and SFU Psychology Professor and clinical psychologist Grace Iarocci are part of a growing group of scholars committed to incorporating the voices of autistic individuals into the research process. Along with their respective teams, they are dedicated to maximizing the quality of life for those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and developmental disabilities through education and community outreach.
Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE) launces first Multilingual Week - February 7-11
English is the primary language of instruction at SFU, but with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff comes a diversity of language. Through a series of presentations and panels, CEE invites instructors to learn new ways to integrate multilingualism into their teaching and academic activities.
Computer Science launches new Diversity Award
Starting Spring 2022, Award in CS Diversity recognizes student project and research work in the school of computing science towards achieving inclusion, diversity, equity, and justice (EDIJ) in Computing Science Research, Educational, and Professional Practices.