- Research in Focus
- Services and Support
- Workshops and Events
- More About Us
- Exciting Collaboration on Evaluation as a Means of Community-Based Research and Engagement
- From a Grassroots Pilot Project to a Province-Wide Success: The Story behind YMCA’s Y Mind Program
- Digital Story Creation with Scribjab: An Innovative Interactive Display
- SFU Educational Review Journal Features Impressive Line-up of Publications
- Theater & Teaching - Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series #2 with Kevin O’Neill
- Seminar with Dr. Michelle Pidgeon on Indigenous Education at the From the Ground Up Scholarship Series
- A Provocative Inaugural Session for the Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series
- Q&A with Dr. Paula MacDowell on creating augmented reality (AR) experiences with students
- A Scientist and a Dancer Met in a Classroom…
- Learning Environments Research: Context Matters
- Writing New Chapters in Research and Teaching Journeys
- Mental Health Services Research: Working With/In Communities for Reconciliation–A Case of Rwanda
- Contact Us
- Faculty of Education
Event | The Possible's Slow Fuse
Tuesday, April 2 | 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
EDB 7608, Faculty of Education, Burnaby Campus
Speaker: Dr. Kevin O'Neill, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education
Teaching and Theater
How is teaching similar to theatre acting, how is it different, and what implications might this have for how we teach face to face, online, and in blended modalities?
Thursday, February 28 | 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SUR 5080, Faculty of Education, Surrey Campus
Speaker: Dr. Celeste Snowber, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education
The Visceral Imagination
What is the relationship between the body and cultivating a relationship to the imagination? In other words what would the visceral imagination mean for you?
What would it mean to bring your bodies to teaching, research and practice? What would it mean to have your imagination infused with all your senses and connected to your teaching and research?
Event | Surrey Scholarship Series: From the Ground Up
May 9, 2019
Speaker: Dr. Paula MacDowell, Faculty of Education
Title: Empowering Youth as Changemakers: Designing a Better World through Technology, Education, and Imagination
March 14, 2019
Speaker: Dr. Alanaise Goodwill, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education
February 20, 2019
Speaker: Dr. Michelle Pidgeon, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education
January 16, 2019
Speaker: Dr. Sharalyn Jordan, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education