PARTNERSHIPS AND PROJECTS
Simon Fraser University's motto is "Engaging the World”. Our academic community collaborates globally with partners near and far, embracing new knowledge and helping to solve the world’s most pressing issues.
Along with its focus on multicultural education and diversity, the Faculty of Education values involvement in global education and opportunities through international partnerships to deepen our mutual understanding of education.
The Office of International Education and the other program areas within the Faculty develop and coordinate a variety of international programs and projects, linking with other faculties and institutions around the world.
We work closely with other Faculties and departments within the University - including SFU International and International Services for Students - and we welcome opportunities to partner with international Ministries of Education, international universities, and with funding agencies such as the Canadian International Development Agency, World Bank, Asian Development Bank and Inter-American Development Bank.
- National Taiwan Normal University (Taiwan)
- Japan-America Academic Center (Japan)
- National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Sambhota Tibetan Schools Society (India)
- Southwest University (China)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (China)
- Educators from Hangzhou Province (China)
- Pre-service teachers from Tsuru University (Japan)
- Visiting Scholars
International Engagement, Projects and Partnerships
- Research Hub: Faculty Presentations Across the World
- CIRCE Centre for Imagination in Research, Culture, and Education
- MEd Imaginative Education - Universidad de Chile (Chile)
- Short-term non-credit professional development and international study programs (Japan, Spain, Taiwan, Korea, China)
Engagement in the Faculty of Education