Service to the Community
Local and National Activities
- Spring 2016 Presentation to the B.C. English Language Learning Consortium on CELLTR
- February/March 2015 Co-Facilitated with Dr. Paula Rosehart 4 day-long sessions (February 23, May 26, Sept. 28, and Dec. 4, 2015) on Action Research/Inquiry to practicing teachers at the Independent Schools Association of BC (ISABC) who have been awarded a grant to conduct an action research project. This involved the careful planning and preparation of materials and resources, as well as two interactive presentations.
- Organizer, SFU District Appreciation event, Faculty of Education, Simon Fraser University (May 30, 2014)
- Curriculum development retreat of new program involving Indigenous community members and elders, University of Victoria: Indigenous Language and Culture Bachelor of Education (October 2008)
- Curriculum development retreat of new program in minor and diploma involving community members and organizations promoting social justice, University of Victoria: Social Justice Studies (September 2008)
- Fall 2015 Dr. Cecile Sabatier, Kevin Sigaty, and I co-designed and facilitated a series of 4 professional learning sessions (Sept. 25, Nov. 2, for the École Cousteau Francais International.
- Languages: Advanced written and oral fluency in French and Greek
- Foreign Language Teachers' International Exchange project.