Drop Everything and READ Challenge - Faculty member's recommended reads
Today is the BC Teacher Librarians' Association's Drop Everything and READ Challenge. From 11:00-11:20am they are challenging everyone to drop what they are doing and simply read because the love of reading is a beautiful, valuable, lifelong habit that everyone should enjoy.
In support of the challenge we have compiled a list of some of our faculty member's recommended reads.
- Dr. Stuart Richmond recommends: The Bridge to Terbithia by Katherine Paterson
- Dr. Dan Laitsch recommends: Johnathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
- Teresa Jenkins (FA) recommends: The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle
- Dr. Allan MacKinnon recommends: A Guitar and a Pen: Stories by Country Music's Greatest Songwriters by Robert Hicks
- Dr. David Kaufman recommends: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Dr. Beth Marshall recommends: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
For more information: www.dropeverythingandreadbc.ca