media, in the news
Cyberbullying grows up
Media coverage continues for SFU research suggesting cyberbullying is carrying through to the arena of adults at Canadian universities. SFU Faculty of Education professor and cyberbullying expert Wanda Cassidy, who worked on the study with two others, said as more communications occur online, it becomes harder to avoid the angst that comes with reading a potentially abusive email or comment.
To read the full article, click on the link below.
The Vancouver Sun, March 11, 2014: Cyberbullying on the rise at Canadian universities, studies show
The story also appeared in the following national and local newspapers:
- Academica Top Ten (lead item): http://at.sfu.ca/gWYTZg
- Globe and Mail: http://at.sfu.ca/PvIKQt
- Vancouver Sun: http://at.sfu.ca/MYSbkN
- The Province: http://at.sfu.ca/eKWRcn
- Waterloo Record: http://at.sfu.ca/mCwPgc
- Sun News: http://at.sfu.ca/jpNoTb
- Regina Leader Post: http://at.sfu.ca/uAfEnc
- Chronicle Herald: http://at.sfu.ca/hNRnwM
- Surrey Leader: http://at.sfu.ca/FOfQey
Not available online (in print): The Welland Tribune, The Timmins Daily Press, The Sudbury Star, The Sault Star, The St. Catherines Standard, The Sarnia Observer, The Peterborough Examiner, The Pembroke Observer, The Owen Sound Sun Times, The Orillia Packet and Times, The Niagra Falls Review, The North Bay Nugget, The Cornwall Standard-Freeholder, The Chatham Daily News, The Brantford Expositor, The Belleville Intelligencer.
- University Affairs, April 9, 2014: Cyberbullying a problem at Canadian universities, study shows
- The Cord, March 19, 2014: Cyberbullying no longer a "teen' issue"
- The Brock Press, March 18, 2014: Bullying is becoming an issue in Canadian universities according to B.C. study
- CKNW's News Talk 980 podcast, March 15, 2014: http://at.sfu.ca/MAYpVn (~27:53 minute mark)