This award is offered to recognize and showcase excellence in graduate student supervision among tenure-track faculty members in the Faculty of Education.
Nominations can be made by graduate students, faculty members or members of the thesis examining committee. Normally, nominations will be made for the supervision of a thesis/dissertation defended in the previous two academic years. The $1,000 award will be added to the recipient's Professional Development fund (Pro-D).
The award winner's excellence in graduate supervision is demonstrated by:
- A letter of nomination describing the supervisor's contribution to an outstanding graduate student thesis through practices such as helpful, comprehensive and timely feedback.
- A copy of the student's thesis and other supporting documents.
- External scholarly recognition of the student's excellence as determined by one or more of the following:
- an offer of a prestigious position such as a professorship or a senior position in an organization
- post-doctoral work
- an award for the thesis
- thesis work accepted for publication.
- A letter of nomination, a copy of the thesis and other supporting documents are submitted to the Awards Committee.
- The Committee reviews the nominations, theses and supporting documents.
The award will be presented at the Faculty's Festive Lunch in December, in time for recipients to list their award in their CV for salary review/application to FTPC.