Terms & Conditions
Images of Research is hosted by the Office of the Associate Dean, Academic and Research, Faculty of Education, SFU.
- All current faculty, students and staff in the Faculty of Education at SFU are eligible to submit images.
- Images may be submitted to one of two categories: Individual or Collaborative.
- Each image submitted must be accompanied by a captivating title and an abstract (up to 150 words) that describes your image and how it relates to your research.
- Up to three submissions will be accepted per person.
- Images can be submitted in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Full colour and/or black and white images are permitted.
- Images may represent research in action (live research), staged research or an artistic representation of research.
- Stock images or images downloaded from the internet will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on April 1, 2018.
Image Digital Guidelines
- Images must be print quality (300 dpi, 8x10") and in JPEG format.
- Image files should be at least 2MB in size.
- Files not meeting these specifications will not be accepted.
Copyright, Reuse and Reproduction
- By submitting images, the photographer grants the right to the Faculty of Education at SFU to publish their photo, as well as, agrees that their photo my be used in print or electronic form.
- The photographer will not receive monetary compensation, however, photo credit will be given when possible.
- The photographer must be the original and sole creator (unless it's a collaboration entry) of the submitted image, and you must own all rights to the submitted images.
- Images must be previously unpublished
- If individuals appear in the photograph, the photographer must have obtained their written permission to be photographed (see SFU Photo Consent forms and/or research ethics documents). These documents must be submitted along with your images.