Announcements and Upcoming Events
- SFU Open Access Policy
SFU Open Access Policy came into effect in January 2017. For more information click here or visit lib.sfu.ca/help/publish/scholarly-publishing/open-access-policy
To satisfy the policy requirement in one easy step, SFU researchers can provide an electronic copy of the finalized text of their published journal articles to the SFU Library. The Library will make the articles available to the public, taking into consideration requirements for access delay. Submit the finalized text of articles via the Summit deposit form no later than the date of publication. The Library will manage any embargo periods required by your publisher. Public access to the article will be automatic following the embargo end date. If you have feedback or questions about the policy or would like to arrange a meeting for assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- SSHRC Insight Grant Fall Competition
For SFU faculty members planning to apply to the SSHRC Insight Grant competition this fall, Grants Facilitators Barbara Burkhardt and Beverly Neufeld are offering two workshops to take participants through the IG application process, one on August 2 (10:00–12:00) and one on September 6 (10:00–12:00) in AC6106. Please RSVP http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/283228405 before July 26, 2017.
- Canadian Scholarly Publishing Working Group Final Report
The Canadian Scholarly Publishing Working Group publishes its final report on moving toward a sustainable Canadian scholarly publishing system carl-abrc.ca/news/cspwg-final-report-released/
- AERA Call for Submissions
The American Educational Research Association opens their 2018 Annual Meeting Call for Submissions. The Annual Meeting will be held in New York, NY Friday, April 13 to Tuesday, April 17, 2018. To submit visit: www.aera.net. Click “Login” and follow the instructions. More information: aera.net/2018AnnualMeetingCallforSubmissions
- The Institute for Environmental Learning will be hosting the 9th World Environmental Education Congress, September 9-15, 2017, at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Dr. David Zandvliet of the FoE, and Dr. Mario Salomone, University of Bergamo, are the conference organizers http://weec2017.eco-learning.org
- AERA announces the Fourteenth Annual AERA Brown Lecture in Education Research, October 19, 2017, in Washington, D.C. The speaker is Prof. Alfredo J. Artiles, Arizona State University. Register to attend in-person; webcasts will also be available. http://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings/Annual-Brown-Lecture-in-Education-Research
- The Economic and Social Research Council of the UK holds its 15th Annual Festival of Social Science, November 4-11, 2017. Events take place across the UK, and videos and streaming of some presentations will also be available. http://www.esrc.ac.uk/public-engagement/festival-of-social-science/
- The International Conference on Human Rights Education (ICHRE), Montréal, November 30 – December 3, 2017, invites practitioners, policy-makers and academics to explore innovative education solutions to global challenges. https://equitas.org/news-and-events/conference-2017/