Announcements and Upcoming Events
- Decolonizing Teaching: An Integrated Seminar Series and Grants Program
In the last two years, the Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD) has received an increasing number of applications to its Teaching and Learning Development Grants program for projects that incorporate Indigenous topics, issues, perspectives or ways of knowing into SFU courses. In response to this trend and the caution from SFU’s Aboriginal community, “Nothing about us, without us”, the ISTLD announces a pilot offering of a Decolonizing Teaching: An Integrated Seminar Series and Grants Program, funded by SFU's Vice-President, Academic.
Find out about the facilitators, topics covered, target audience and how to register at: http://www.sfu.ca/istld/dt.html
Registration deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017, 4:00 p.m. Queries can be sent to: email@example.com
- The Tri-Councils (SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR) have launched a renewal of the Tri-Agency Financial Adminstration Guide. A new Guide is expected to be in place by Spring 2018. Meanwhile, a summary of changes to the Guide may be found here.
- The Canada Research Chairs program announces the Fall 2017 Recipients List. 176 chairholders were awarded, for a total amount of $145,600,000.
- In other CRC news, many universities across Canada have announced term limits for their Canada Research Chairs as part of a plan to close the diversity gap in research chairs.
- Documenting Your Career for Success - Don Haviland, Anna M. Ortiz and Laura Henriques advise how to create a strong reappointment, tenure or promotion file, Inside Higher Ed.
- Science in Canada needs funding, not photo-ops, writes Andrew Craig for Macleans.
- 10th International Open Access Week (October 22-28, 2018) Shines Spotlight on Increasing the Impact of Research & Scholarship. Find a list of upcoming open access events here.
- Megan Griffith of the NSERC Pacific Regional Office will be visiting SFU Surrey (Dec. 21). If you’re interested in NSERC grants, particularly collaborating with industry, she can help you get started. More information here.