The selection of faculty associates is made based on the following criteria:
- Normally five years of demonstrated excellence in public school teaching
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to examine and refine one's practice
- Curriculum and instructional needs of the program
- Sensitivity to equity issues
- Work experience with adult learners (recommended)
- Previous school associate experience (recommended)
- Experience with computer technology (recommended)
Please note that selection for these positions is highly competitive.
Appointments are usually made by mid-March to facilitate a leave of absence with the school district.
Successful candidates will be required to attend a two-week orientation in mid-August.
A first year appointment may be extended for a second term if staffing requirements permit.
Program Manager, Professional Programs
Office: EDB 8639