It is mandatory for all SFU international students to have medical insurance from guard.me, SFU’s official provider for medical insurance. We require proof of guard.me medical insurance coverage either before you arrive or within two weeks of beginning your program. You must provide proof of coverage for the full duration of your program with ELC.
Please visit guard.me to arrange for coverage. The cost for this plan is about $45 per month.
If you are already covered by one of the plans below, you can opt out of the guard.me plan. Please visit the ELC office within the first two weeks of class to opt out.
- BC Medical Services Plan (BC MSP)
- Canadian International Development Agency Health Care Plan
- Canadian Bureau for International Education Health Care Plan
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- International Council for Canadian Studies Plan
- Embassy of Kuwait
- Interim Federal Health Care Plan
- Health Economic Administration, HELFO Abroad
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau - GWL
- Libyan Plan
- Schlumberger Plan
- Fletcher Allen