- Enter now
- Get credit
News and stories
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted for the 2017 SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition – thank you.
It’s clear that SFU’s growing reputation as Canada’s leading engaged university owes a lot of its momentum to SFU’s incredible students.
We are inspired to be working with such entrepreneurial change-making people, like you, who want to make a difference by working with our diverse communities. Thank you.
Now that the first phase of the competition is over, we are looking forward to reviewing your ideas, many of which will have great promise. Based on an initial glance, it looks like we have 13 ideas for communities in Burnaby, and 14 ideas for communities in Surrey – what great balance!
In the next phase of the competition we will invite a shortlist of teams to submit detailed proposals, so keep an eye out for an email around mid-December informing you whether or not your team has been shortlisted. (For a refresher on the process, check out How it Works.)
Your ideas have merit! Although not all teams will be shortlisted, we encourage you to continue thinking about your ideas. There is no question that your ideas are valuable and you are all to be commended – both for your insights, and for the courage, compassion and enthusiasm you’ve shown for making a positive difference with your communities.
For all of you who are studying for exams, we wish you all the best. And to everyone: have a happy and warm winter break!
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,