Professor Emeritus, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D. Carleton University, Canada, 1988
M.Eng. Carleton University, Canada, 1984
B.Eng. Carleton University, Canada, 1982
- Power amplifier linearization using digital signal processing
- Integrated RF/DSP Applications
- Radio frequency integrated circuits
- Microwave Circuit Design
- Signals and Systems
- Adaptive Filtering
- Digital Signal Processing
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 426 High Frequency Electronics
- ENSC 380 Linear Systems
- ENSC 810 Statistical Signal Processing
- ENSC 429 Digital Signal Processing
Selected recent publications
- T. Johnson and S.P. Stapleton, "Comparison of Bandpass Sigma-Delta Modulator Coding Efficiency with a Periodic Signal Model", IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I, Vol. 55, No. 11, Dec. 2008, pp: 3763--3775.
- Cho, K.J., Kim, W.J., Stapleton, S.P., Kim, J.H., Lee, B., Choi, J.J., Kim, J.Y., Lee, J.C. "Design of N-way distributed Doherty amplifier for WCDMA and OFDM applications", Electronic Letters, Vol 43, May 2007, Page 577-578.
- T. Johnson, R. Sobot, S. Stapleton, CMOS RF Class D Amplifier with a Fractional Sigma-Delta Bandpass Modulator, Microelectronics Journal, IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, Vol. 1, No. 1, Feb. 2007, pp: 21--26
- W.J. Kim, K.J. Cho, S.P. Stapleton and J.H. Kim, "Doherty Feed-forward Amplifier Performance using a Novel Crest Factor Reduction Technique", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Jan 2007, Vol. 17, Page 82-84.