- Directed Study in Special Collections and Rare Books
- Master of Arts
- Doctoral Studies
- Course Archives
- Fall 2017 Graduate Courses
- Spring 2018 Graduate Courses
- Summer 2018 Graduate Courses
- Fall 2018 Graduate Courses
- Spring 2019 Graduate Courses
- Summer 2019 Graduate Courses
- Fall 2019 Graduate Courses
- Spring 2020 Graduate Courses
- Summer 2020 Graduate Courses
Program Description for Master of Arts for Teachers of English - MATE Program
The Master of Arts for Teachers of English (MATE) Program provides the opportunity for English teachers in the elementary, secondary or college system to pursue advanced studies in English literature. The MATE Program offers an innovative and accessible graduate degree program without compromising the quality of instruction and intellectual engagement or the rigour and breadth of scholarship of the regular MA program in English.
The MATE Program will benefit graduate students in several ways, including:
- Significant salary increases in most professional teaching environments;
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate working teachers;
- Coverage of a broad spectrum of traditional and new areas of English studies;
- Development and refinement of interpretative, critical and scholarly skills;
- Sparking the intellectual curiosity required for doctoral studies;
- Development of professional competency in literary analysis and in writing;
- Opportunity to engage in specialized academic scholarship; and
- Preparation to join the academic research community for further study.
MATE is located in the new, architecturally exhilarating SFU Surrey campus. It is a two-year cohort program, enrolling a select group of 12-15 students a year.
Master of Arts for Teachers of English Program
Simon Fraser University
250-13450 102nd Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
Canada V3T 0A3
We are located on Galleria 5 of SFU Surrey.
Phone: 778 782-9384
Fax: 778 782-4712