Help Inspire the Next Wave of Applied Science Students
High School Ambassadors are paid positions that represent the Faculty of Applied Sciences in recruitment and diversity initiatives. As an employee in this position, you will help inspire diverse prospective students in Gr. 11-12 about Applied Sciences through on campus events, tours, calling campaigns and high school visits.
High School Ambassadors perform recruitment and student engagement related activities, as well as assist the Faculty of Applied Sciences in other activities and general duties as needed. Successful FAS Ambassadors in the past have been enthusiastic, organized, quick-thinking, genuine, and have been creative problem-solvers.
As an ambassador you will:
- Participates in the recruitment of new students to the Faculty of Applied Sciences mainly through campus events and tours with interested students.
- Engage with prospective students through different channels, including but not limited to; event attendance, phone calls, and email communications.
- Be professional and have respect for student confidentiality.
- Assist with scheduling, event planning, setup, coordination, data keeping, and operation logistics.
- Assist with communication activities to prospective students.
- Create and build positive rapport with prospective students and parents.
- Other duties as required.
- Approximately 8-10 hours monthly. Hours are flexible to work around your class schedule!
- High School Ambassadors should expect to visit 2-3 high schools every month.
- Able to attend two training sessions in August and September.
- Be available to have bi-weekly check-ins with the Student Affairs Coordinator.
- Student in the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
- In good academic standing (CGPA above 2.5 is preferred).
- Effective communicator with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, dependability, and initiative.
The opportunity offers the following perks:
- High School Ambassadors will be paid $16/hour.
- Develop your soft skills further including your presentation and public speaking skills.
- Free food during training!
How to Apply:
Hiring for 2020 High School Ambassadors will commence in the Summer 2020 semester. For general inquries please contact Jan Castro at email@example.com.
Potential candidates will be contacted for an informal interview.