Help Inspire the Next Wave of Applied Science Students
The High School Ambassador is a paid position that represents the Faculty of Applied Sciences in high school recruitment initiatives. They help inspire prospective students in Gr. 11-12 about Applied Sciences through High School visits and on campus events.
The High School Ambassador performs recruitment and student engagement related activities, as well as assists the Faculty of Applied Sciences in other activities and general duties as needed. Successful High School Ambassadors in the past have been enthusiastic, organized, quick-thinking, genuine, and have been creative problem-solvers.
As an ambassador you will:
- Participates in the recruitment of new students to the Faculty of Applied Sciences mainly through delivering presentations at local high schools.
- Engage with prospective students through different channels, including but not limited to; event attendance, social media, and email communications.
- Assist with presentation scheduling, event planning, setup, coordination, data keeping, and operation logistics.
- Assist with communication activities to prospective students.
- Create and build positive rapport with prospective students and parents.
- Other duties as required.
- Approximately 8-10 hours monthly.
- High School Ambassadors should expect to visit 2-3 high schools every month.
- Able to attend two training sessions in August and September.
- Be available to have bi-weekly check-ins with the Student Affairs Coordinator.
- Student in the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
- In good academic standing (CGPA above 2.5 is preferred).
- Effective communicator with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, dependability, and initiative.
The opportunity offers the following perks:
- High School Ambassadors will be paid $15/hour.
- Develop your soft skills further including your presentation and public speaking skills.
- Free food during training!
How to Apply:
The first wave of applications are now closed. If you are still interested in the position or for any other inquiries please email Jan Castro, Student Affairs Coordinator, at email@example.com
Potential candidates will be contacted for an informal interview.