Welcome to the Faculty of Applied Sciences
This is a general outline of a typical first-term sequence for student across all undergraduate programs across FAS. To view, select your program.
Below is a collection of programs and events to give you the orientation you need to succeed at SFU. Take advantage of some or all of them to give yourself a head start. For more information, visit After You Accept.
ACCEPT YOUR OFFER
- To accept your offer of admission, pay your registration deposit (by May 1st)
- Set up your Computing ID and SFU email
- Register for your courses in early July – register as soon as possible after your registration date in order to ensure you get into your preferred course section (time)
New students registered at SFU and starting in the fall term are introduced to the university at Welcome Day. At Welcome Day, we will go over the first steps of being an SFU student and provide you with a variety of tools to help launch your university career. Over the course of the day, you will have the opportunity to learn about the people, places, activities, and resources that are available to you at SFU.
For more information about registration dates for Welcome Day,
please visit: https://www.sfu.ca/students/newundergrads/fall/month-of-welcome/welcome-day.html
Your first year experience begins with University Prep, a free online course designed to help prepare you for your first term and set you up for success. You’ll learn about:
- Course selection
- Planning a schedule
- Financial assistance options
- How to use the goSFU enrollment system
- Tips on succeeding at SFU
- Key services and dates to remember
You’ll be invited to participate as soon as you accept your offer of admission.