- About FASS
Departments and Programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- Indigenous Languages
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Graduate liberal studies
- Hellenic studies
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Departments and programs (redirect)
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
Dean's Medal Awards
In recognition of academic excellence in research, teaching, and service, with an emphasis on significant contributions while in position in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at SFU, up to three Dean's Medals and new in 2019, one Lifetime Achievement Award will be awarded annually to tenured faculty.
Call for nominations in 2020
Department Chairs/Directors are asked to submit no more than two nominations annually. Award adjudication will take into consideration career stage.
The nomination should include:
- the nominee's full academic CV
- a brief (maximum 500 words) qualitative statement from the nominee about their scholarship, teaching, and service
- the Chair's letter of nomination providing a full overview of the nominee's overall record of achievement in all three categories of scholarship, teaching, and service
- any other information/documentation specifically relevant to the case
All information will remain confidential and will be held on file for future consideration for three years, or until a request is made for removal.
Award winners shall receive $1,000 towards professional development and a medal recognizing his/her achievements.
The due date for nominations is June 1, 2020, by 4:00 pm. Please submit your nomination package to email@example.com.
Dean’s Medal recipients will be honoured at the FASS Autumn Reception.