Is the French Cohort Program for you?
The French Cohort Program (FCP) offers you the opportunity to study in Canada’s two official languages. This multidisciplinary program, taught primarily in French, leads to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, French and History.
A program for you in BC and abroad
- Focus on three areas of study: Political Science, French and History
- Participate in a student exchange program: one year or one semester in Quebec or Europe
- Get involved in unique community projects and field studies
- Choose electives in both French and English
- Be part of a group of students with whom you will study during your four years in university
The FCP courses offered by the Department of Political Science and the Department of History are taught primarily in French and include such topics as diplomacy, language and politics, global governance, public policy, political philosophy, and Canadian History. French courses, offered by the Department of French, consist of studies in French language, linguistics, francophone literatures, and cultures.
Want to know more?
The FPC offers you a personal learning experience and so much more…
- Courses unique to the FCP
- Small class sizes
- Great support network
- Committed professors representing the Francophone world
- FCP language tutor
- FCP Student Advisor
- Student Lounge and dedicated work space
- Various scholarships and awards and FCP Exchange Awards
- Numerous bilingual student-employment opportunities