Departments and Programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Graduate liberal studies
- Hellenic studies
- Indigenous languages
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Make meaning at FASS
- Next steps
- About FASS
- Departments and programs (redirect)
- Faculty & staff portal
- Apply to FASS
- FASS at Surrey
Course preview videos
Choosing which courses to enrol in? Take a look at what you can learn at FASS! Our instructors are excited to share their knowledge with you to help you on your path to achieving your degree.
What we've recorded for you
A selection of course videos to give you a preview of what you'll learn in the many courses offered at FASS. Plus, our instructors and lecturers share their research to show you what they're working on along with the expertise they'll bring to your education.
- COGS 100: Exploring the mind & LING 220: Introduction to linguistics
- ECON 103: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 105: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENGL 121: 500 Years of Resistance
- GSWS 100: Introduction to Contemporary Issues in Sexuality Studies
- LBST 201: Workers in the Global Economy
- LBST 202: Labour Research for Social Change
- LBST 330: Labour Migrants in the West
- LING 111: Introduction to English Vocabulary Analysis & LING 200: Introduction to English Sentence Analysis
- PHIL 110: Intro to Logic and Reasoning
- PHIL 120W: Moral and Legal Problems
- PHIL 144: Intro to the Philosophy of Natural and Social Science
- PSYC 100: Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 102: Introduction to Psychology II
- PSYC 109: Brian, Mind and Society
- PSYC 201: Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology
- PSYC 221: Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- PSYC 280: Introduction to Biological Psychology
- Fostering better wellbeing for couples and singles with Yuthika Girme, SFU Psychology
- Early social cognition in developmental psychology with Tanya Broesch, SFU Psychology
- What helps people live happier and healthier lives? with Lara Aknin, SFU Psychology
- Understanding how relationships change and develop with Rebecca Cobb, SFU Psychology
- How do we analyze data in psychology? with Rachel Fouladi, SFU Psychology
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take COGS 100, Exploring the mind, or LING 220, Introduction to linguistics, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Margaret Grant.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take ECON 105: Principles of Macroeconomics, at SFU? Watch this preview by sessional lecturer, Görkem Özdemir.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take GSWS 100, Introduction to Contemporary Issues in Sexuality Studies, at SFU? Watch this preview by professor, Helen Leung.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take LBST 202: Labour Research for Social Change, at SFU? Watch this preview by instructor, Serdar Kaya.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take LING 111: Intro to English Vocabulary Analysis and/or LING 200: Intro to English Sentence Analysis, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Claudia Wong.
The study of logic is essential not just for philosophy students, but for math, lingusitics and computer science students too. SFU Philosophy professor Bruno Guindon describes some of the core concepts from PHIL 110 and why you should take it.
In PHIL 120 students will look at various phillisophical positions regarding the value of human life. Professor Evan Tiffany outlines swhat sort of things you can expect from PHIL 120W: Moral and Legal Problems.
PHIL 144 is perfect for students who have never taken philosopy courses before, and those who are looking to learn a little more science on the side. In this video prefessor Holly Andersen goes over some of the course content.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 100: Introduction to Psychology, at SFU? Watch this preview by senior lecturer, George Alder.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 109: Brain, Mind and Society, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Diana Lim.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 221, Introduction to Cognitive Psychology, at SFU? Watch this preview by associate professor, Richard Wright.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take psychology courses at SFU? Watch this preview by assistant professor, Yuthika Girme.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take psychology courses at SFU? Watch this preview by associate professor, Lara Aknin.