- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Student Life
- Enhance your learning
- FASS Forward
- FASS 200-1 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204-1 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 207-1 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208-1 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210-1 Language Network Science
- FASS 211-1 Data Literacy and the City
- Undergraduate Students
Faculty member resources
- Find funding
- Apply for funding
- Manage funding
- Frequently asked questions
- Research centres & institutes
- Visualizing FASS Research
- Faculty member resources
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
We want to invite you to be a part of our team!
FASS Mentors help new students transition into the community by:
- Introducing SFU and sharing stories about their experience
- Provide students with a good example of leadership and community building at SFU
- Participate in personal and professional development of new students
- Facilitate conversations and encourage participation
- Represent your faculty by participating in FASS Faculty sessions and events
Why be a FASS mentor?
Gain friendships and connections, and build up your resume as you provide mentorship and guidance to other students.
- Give back to the SFU community by helping new students transition into their new environment
- Gain event planning skills such as recruitment, helping with interviews, public speaking etc.
- Acquire valuable communications skills to enhance your resume
- Expand your network by building connections with a likeminded group of peers with similar enthusiasm and leadership qualities
- Be a part of FASS Camps, FASS Fest and many other FASS socials
- Recognized on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Application open March 2021 on myinvolvement.sfu.ca.
Apply in March to become a FASS Mentor (and Welcome Leader).
You will be redirected to myinvolvement.sfu.ca, SFU's website for on-campus opportunities.
- Under the Students block, click Login. Enter your SFU student ID and password.
- Click the blue Search Postings button (middle of the screen).
- Click Getting Involved Posting
- In the Search by keyword bar, type in: Welcome leader.
- Read the Posting Detail tab to learn everything you need to know about the job.
- Once you are ready to apply, click the Application Information tab. Copy and paste the provided websurvey link into your browser.
- Complete the websurvey and click Submit.
Thank you! Someone from our team will contact you about your application soon.
Contact us! We're here to help you.