- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
Do you have an interest in the French language? Immerse yourself in innovative teaching techniques such as interactive language classes, online courses, and mass and social media to bring your French to a professional level. Whether you are pursuing a degree in French or taking just a few courses in language, linguistics, literature or culture, studying in the Department of French offers you a range of possibilities.
Simon Fraser University's French department is the only one in western Canada to offer you a combination of French and French Canadian literatures as well as French linguistics, with beginner and advanced language classes, composition, and conversation courses.
The Department of French offers you:
- A dynamic learning environment with innovative teaching and research in language, linguistics, literature and culture.
- An academic advisor available in person or online
- A language laboratory equipped with cutting-edge technologies
- Language and writing support
- Teaching assistant programs in Quebec and France
- The opportunity to participate in immersion programs and access student jobs, volunteer possibilities and co-op placements.
All courses are taught in French.
French alumni are working around the world. Some of their chosen fields include, but are not limited to:
- IT and multimedia
- Consulting firms
- International trade specialist or diplomat
- Small business
- Government policy analyst
- Researcher with the Public Service of Canada
- Law enforcement and legal counsel
- Multinational organizations
- Language/FSL teacher
- Public administrator
- Foreign service worker
- Immigration officer
- International development agencies
- Education and academia
Join FASS in Spring 2021
Deadline September 15, 2020.