- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
From the spiritual to the material, Asia is a continent of superlatives. The largest continent by population and surface area, it has the world's oldest written histories, home to some of the world's greatest economic powers, and is the birthplace of the world religions.
Study every aspect of Asian society in a global context in this interdisciplinary program. Investigate topics across borders and disciplines. Follow Chinese capital to Africa, Japanese aesthetics to Europe, and Korean pop culture to Canada.
About Global Asia
Whether you pursue it for professional or personal reasons, the Global Asia minor can complement any other SFU credential. In the Global Asia program, you will:
- Learn to think and communicate powerfully and critically
- Pair your Global Asia minor with another credential to showcase your intercultural skills on the job market
- Prepare for a career in government, public policy, management, education, international trade and marketing, journalism, or tourism
- Learn a new Asian language (Chinese, Japanese, or Punjabi), or build on the linguistic abilities you already have
- Choose from four dozen electives from ten disciplines (communication, English, Global Asia, history, humanities, international studies, political science, sociology and anthropology, world literature, and gender, sexuality, and women’s studies)
- Pursue Simon Fraser University's study-abroad opportunities in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand