- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
Prepare for your future
Learn about the exciting opportunities that are available to you within your program and beyond. These sessions are suitable for students, as well as their parents and supporters.
All sessions are free, online, and led by our brilliant professors. Get answers to your questions so you feel prepared for a great future!
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Parents & Supporters Q&A
Presenter: Danielle Murdoch. Department: Criminology.
University is different from high school. In this Q&A with a Criminology professor, prospective students and their parents can ask questions about remote learning and get tips how they can succeed in their first year of university.
- Times: Sessions are listed in Pacific (PDT) time (UTC -8).
- Format: All sessions will be broadcast using Zoom. Please ensure you install Zoom in advance and test it to ensure that it works.
- Structure: The structure of all sessions is: 30 minute lecture + 30 minute question and answer (Q & A) during which you and all participants can chat your questions to the lecturer (Zoom chat will be enabled).
- Q & A: The Q & A section will be moderated. The moderator will relay your questions to the presenter in an organized way, giving everyone an opportunity to have their questions read and answered.
All participants are encouraged to ask questions to the presenter. This is your opportunity to find answers to your questions about the topic as well as questions about being a student at SFU's Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Video / Audio: Your video and audio are not needed for these lectures. The presenter will be the only participant with both audio and video. The moderator will have audio only.
For further information, please contact Kaitlan Davis, Coordinator, Recruitment, Community Outreach and Engagement.