- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Student Life
- Enhance your learning
- FASS Forward
- FASS 200-1 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204-1 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 207-1 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208-1 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210-1 Language Network Science
- FASS 211-1 Data Literacy and the City
- Undergraduate Students
Faculty member resources
- Find funding
- Apply for funding
- Manage funding
- Frequently asked questions
- Research centres & institutes
- Visualizing FASS Research
- Faculty member resources
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
Prepare for your future
Learn about the exciting opportunities that are available to you within your program and beyond. These sessions are suitable for students, as well as their parents and supporters.
All sessions are free, online, and led by our brilliant professors. Get answers to your questions so you feel prepared for a great future!
We have no upcoming sessions at this time. We've saved many sessions for you in our e-Library - please have a look!
- Times: Sessions are listed in Pacific (PDT) time (UTC -8).
- Format: All sessions will be broadcast using Zoom. Please ensure you install Zoom in advance and test it to ensure that it works.
- Structure: The structure of all sessions is: 30 minute lecture + 30 minute question and answer (Q & A) during which you and all participants can chat your questions to the lecturer (Zoom chat will be enabled).
- Q & A: The Q & A section will be moderated. The moderator will relay your questions to the presenter in an organized way, giving everyone an opportunity to have their questions read and answered.
All participants are encouraged to ask questions to the presenter. This is your opportunity to find answers to your questions about the topic as well as questions about being a student at SFU's Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Video / Audio: Your video and audio are not needed for these lectures. The presenter will be the only participant with both audio and video. The moderator will have audio only.
For further information, please contact Kaitlan Davis, Coordinator, Recruitment, Community Outreach and Engagement.