- About FASS
Departments and Programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- Indigenous Languages
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Graduate liberal studies
- Hellenic studies
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Departments and programs (redirect)
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
Socialize with your peers
Meet some other incoming students and your future professors!
All social sessions are free and online. Join us for a variety of sessions hosted by FASS Department Student Unions and our friends in Student Services.
We have no upcoming sessions at this time. We've saved many sessions for you in our e-Library - please have a look!
- Times: Sessions are listed in Pacific (PDT) time (UTC -8).
- Format: All sessions will be broadcast using Zoom. Please ensure you install Zoom in advance and test it to ensure that it works.
- Structure: The structure of all sessions is: 30 minute lecture + 30 minute question and answer (Q & A) during which you and all participants can chat your questions to the lecturer (Zoom chat will be enabled).
- Q & A: The Q & A section will be moderated. The moderator will relay your questions to the presenter in an organized way, giving everyone an opportunity to have their questions read and answered.
All participants are encouraged to ask questions to the presenter. This is your opportunity to find answers to your questions about the topic as well as questions about being a student at SFU's Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Video / Audio: Your video and audio are not needed for these lectures. The presenter will be the only participant with both audio and video. The moderator will have audio only.
For further information, please contact Kaitlan Davis, Coordinator, Recruitment, Community Outreach and Engagement.