- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP)
The Interim Aboriginal University Preparation Program (IAUPP) at Simon Fraser University helps you pave the way for a successful transition to undergraduate studies. Our program offers first-year academic credit courses that integrate humanities and social sciences with Indigenous perspectives.
This program normally admits high school graduates who do not meet general SFU admission requirements or requirements stated in the Aboriginal Admission Policy.
- Applicants must normally have graduated from high school
- Foundations of Math 10
- English 11 or English 11 First Peoples
- One letter of reference (non-family)
- Duly signed and filled-out form
- In-person interview with Selection Committee (Skype interviews may be arranged)
Documentation (eg. official high school transcript) may be uploaded along with the online application form, or sent by email, by postal mail or handed in-person. The IUPP Associate Director may provide support services for filling out the application form.
You will gain:
- A solid foundation of academic and personal success
- Support from tutors, academic advisors and program staff
- Academic units towards your undergraduate degree
- Admission to SFU and a paid internship program
(upon successful completion of the program; conditions apply)
Tuition and Fees
2020-2021 Academic Calendar Year
The estimated costs for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, supplementary fees* and SFSS Health and Dental Plan fees (if applicable) are as follows:
Fall 2020, September 8-December 20, 2020: 11 Units
Tuition fees: $195.88 x 11 units = $2,154.68
Supplementary fees: $432.00
SFSS Health Plan fee (if applicable; per calendar year Sept. 1, 2020 – Aug. 31, 2021): $86.18
SFSS Dental Plan fee (if applicable; per calendar year): $168.18
If the student is already covered by an equivalent health and/or dental plan, the deadline to opt-out of the SFSS Health & Dental Plan is Sept. 22, 2020.
Spring 2021, January 1-April 26, 2021: 13 Units
Tuition fees: $195.88 x 13 units = $2,546.44
Supplementary fees: $432.00
24 Units over 8 courses (16 Academic Units and 8 Units of Foundations courses):
Tuition fees: $195.88 x 24 units = $4,701.12
Supplementary fees: $864.00
Plus SFSS Health & Dental Plan Fees (if applicable).
Book and supplies cost may be evaluated at approximately $936/term.
Additional costs may arise for residence or meal plan fees (if applicable).
* Supplementary Fees: SFU assesses the Student Services/Recreation-Athletics fee, the student activity fee and the U-Pass BC fee to all eligible students in each term of enrollment (exemptions from one or more of these fees may be available).
SFU considers students as being full-time students with a course load of nine units (credits) per term.