- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP)
The Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP) at Simon Fraser University helps you pave the way for a successful transition to undergraduate studies. Our program offers first-year academic credit courses that integrate humanities and social sciences with Indigenous perspectives.
FALL 2020, September 8, 2020 - December 20, 2020
- FNST 101-3: Introduction to Indigenous Studies
- FASS 120-2: Learning Strategies for Academic Success
- FASS 110/FASS 110W-4: Explorations in the Arts and Social Sciences
- FAN X91-2 (Part 1): Foundations of Analytic and Quantitative Reasoning (Foundations course)
SPRING 2021, January 1, 2020 - April 26, 2020
- FAL X99-4: Foundations of Academic Literacy (Foundations course)
- EDUC 100W-3: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- HSCI 130-4: Foundations of Health Science
- FAN X92-2 (Part 2): Foundations of Analytic and Quantitative Reasoning (Foundations course)
* Subjet to minor changes
TOTAL: 24 units over 8 courses
(16 academic units and 8 units of Foundations courses).
SFU considers students as being full-time students with a course load of nine units (credits) per term.
Upon completion of the IUPP:
- Normally, a GPA of 2.5 will guarantee direct admission to SFU with full transfer units.*
- Normally, a GPA of 2.8 will guarantee direct admission to SFU plus access to a paid Summer Student Internship
* Additional requirements for Faculties other than the Faculty of Arts and social Sciences may apply; Foundation courses