- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Graduate liberal studies
- Hellenic studies
- Indigenous languages
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
The Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP) at Simon Fraser University helps you pave the way for a successful transition to undergraduate studies. Our program offers first-year academic credit courses that integrate humanities and social sciences with Indigenous perspectives.
We welcome First Nations, Métis and Inuit students to a university learning environment that affirms and integrates Indigenous knowledge and perspectives. You will join a cohort of like-minded Indigenous students and explore university together with Elders, mentors, tutors and instructors while taking courses which can transfer into first year university or college.
We also offer literacy and quantitative classes (non-academic credit) that will build your confidence.
Upon successful completion of the IUPP (2.5 GPA), you will be granted admission to SFU and your completed credits will count towards your undergraduate degree.
- A high school graduate? A mature student?
- Considering going to university, but wanting to test it out first?
- Someone who wants to learn more about math and writing?
- Wanting to connect with a cohort group of Indigenous students in a cozy, safe, and supportive environment?
- Looking to open doors to more learning and working opportunities?