Interim Aboriginal University
- A high school graduate? A mature student?
- Considering going to university, but wanting to test it first?
- Someone who wants to learn more about math and writing?
- Wanting to connect with a cohort group of Indigenous students in a small, safe, and supportive environment?
- Looking to open doors to more learning and working opportunities?
SFU's Interim Aboriginal University Preparation Program
We welcome First Nations, Métis and Inuit students to a university learning environment that affirms and integrates Indigenous knowledge and perspectives.
You will join a cohort of like-minded Indigenous students and explore university together with Elders, mentors, tutors and instructors while taking courses which can transfer into first year university or college.
Where does the IAUPP Path Lead You?
SFU’s IAUPP helps you pave the way for a successful transition to undergraduate studies. Our program offers first-year academic credit courses that integrate humanities and social sciences with Indigenous perspectives.
We also offer literacy and quantitative classes
(non-academic credit) that will build your confidence.
Upon successful completion of the IAUPP, you will be granted admission to SFU and your completed credits will count towards your undergraduate degree.
You will gain:
- A solid foundation of academic and personal success
- Support from tutors, academic advisors and program staff
- Academic units towards your undergraduate degree
- Admission to SFU and a paid internship program
(upon successful completion of the program,