Our mission is to provide enriching and supportive connections to increase your sense of belonging and well-being, helping you thrive in this vibrant campus community and most importantly, become part of our FASS FAM!
Starting your studies at SFU this Spring (January) 2018 term? Connect with us today! Sign up HERE!
Connect with your mentor
- Starting in January 2018, you and a mentor will have one-on-one in-person meetings based on your schedule
- You will receive on-going support (online, via text and in person) during your first term
- Learn about SFU and its many hidden gems from a well trained, enthusiastic volunteer who has been at SFU for at least a year
- Attend FASS Connections Mentorship program social and academic activities
"My mentor has become a person I feel I can rely on and look up to as a role model. She helped me work through some tough times and helped me learn to be a more independent person. Overall, I feel I learned many valuable life skills from her that will carry me far in university." (2016 mentee)
Connect with your transfer student peers
- All Spring 2018 FASS transfer (college and university) students are automatically a part of FASS Transfer FAMS
- You will join a laid-back community, led by fellow transfer students who’ve been at SFU a little longer, and meet fellow transfer students.
- Jump-start your co-curricular record – FAM participation will go on your Co Curricular Record
- Learn about opportunities at SFU, such as Coop, Career Exploration, Getting Involved, and the resources on campus
Apply between February and March 2018 to become a mentor for the Summer and Fall 2018 terms. You can provide incoming FASS students supportive connections through group faciliatation and one-on-one interactions.
FASS Connections Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by Club Ilia, located at Cornerstone Building at Univercity!