- Future students
- Get involved
- Current students
FCAT CMN8 Workshops
FCAT CMN8 is a series of professional development workshops designed to develop and build your practical skills. Open to all FCAT students, the workshops are led by industry experts.
Sign up for one or more of the workshops to:
- Enhance current or develop new skills that are needed in the industry
- Complement what you learn in class
- Meet industry professionals or experts in the field
- Connect with other students
- Learn something new!
Pathfinder Workshops - Photo Editing
- Date & time: Saturday, Feb 2nd, 10:30am - 1:30pm
- Location: SFU Surrey Campus Room 3130
- Facilitated by: TBA
- RSVP: Eventbrite
This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official university document that tracks your co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record here.
Students who would like to receive CCR recognition for participating in the FCAT CMN8 workshop series must:
- Register, attend and participate in a minimum of 10 workshop hours in one calendar year (January to December).
- At the end of the 10 workshop hours, complete and submit a brief online reflection assignment.
The Ins and Outs of Hootsuite
- Date & time: Monday, March 26th, 2:00pm - 3:20pm
- Location: SFU Harbour Centre Room 2510
- Facilitated by: Bruna Barbosa, Team Lead for Training Services at Hootsuite
- Date & time: Monday, March 18th, 1:30pm - 3:20pm
- Location: SFU Harbour Centre Room 1520
- Facilitated by: Penny, SFU Career Services
Building and managing your own website with WordPress
- Date & time: Monday, March 5 th from 1:30pm to 3:20pm
- Location: SFU Harbour Centre Room 2245 (Vancouver Campus)
- Facilitated by: Carlin Leung, Product Strategist at Quietly