- Future students
- Get involved
- Current students
SFU COVID-19 FAQ
- Visit the SFU FAQ page for the most up to date information about how SFU is responding to COVID-19.
Plans for the fall term
- The School for the Contemporary Arts has posted hardware, software, and technical help guidelines for students, and faculty members are preparing to move their courses online while keeping their carbon footprint in mind.
- The School of Interactive Arts and Technology has been busy reimagining their courses for online learning. Read about how they are preparing for remote delivery of lab-based courses, embracing online learning tools, and building community in their online courses.
- Undeclared students or those with fewer than 60 units can contact an SFU advisor for support. All advising is now online or by phone.
- Students with 60 units or more should consult their program advisor. FCAT advising is now being done remotely by phone, email and videoconference.
- Find all the information you need in the SFU Graduate Student COVID-19 FAQs.
- New and returning international students who are currently outside of Canada, and plan to travel to BC to return to studies, must self-quarantine under the Quarantine Act. Any student arriving from outside of Canada must self-isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms of Covid-19 for 14 days upon their arrival and complete/register a self-isolation plan. Visit SFU's Self-Isolation Guide for more details.
- Visit the COVID-19 FAQ for International Students for information about immigration and travel, medical insurance, and additional resources and support.
- International Student Advisors are working remotely. Connect with them via LiveChat, phone, email, or Zoom.
- See this IT Services page for many resources related to remote studying.
- Student Services has put together a list of helpful learning resources.
- Undergraduate students can find all the information they need about student fees, financial aid, u-pass, grading options, and academic policies from Student Services.
- Library services: Fraser (Surrey), Belzberg (Vancouver), and Bennett (Burnaby) libraries are closed until further notice. See the library website for details.
- The Student Learning Commons continues to provide consultation on writing and studying strategies.
Co-op and Career and Volunteer Services
- Visit the Co-op and Work Integrated Learning FAQ page for all the details related to current and future co-op placements.
- Careers and Volunteer Services (CVS) appointments are available by phone or online, Monday to Friday. Reach out on Facebook @SFU.Career, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sfu.ca/career.
- Volunteer virtually with youth, make a difference, and get SFU Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit!
Health & wellness
- All SFU students can access free, immediate counselling and support 24/7 (chat or phone) with My SSP (Student Support Program).
- The Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office is working remotely until further notice, but continues to provide supports and services to the SFU and FIC communities. Call 778-782-7233 or email email@example.com.
- Join Health & Counselling Services at Virtual Mindfulness Meditation sessions every Wednesday until the end of the summer term.
- The COVID-19 Emotional Support Group meets frequently and is a safe space where you can connect with one another, share how you feel and receive support.
- SFU Recreation has launched Healthy at Home, a collection of online fitness classes and wellness videos.
Student support and resources
- SFU has launched a campaign to raise funds for students via the SFU Student Urgent Response Fund.
- Financial advising is available by phone. Visit the Financial Aid and Awards website for more details about support options.
- The Centre for Dialogue has put together a website full of general COVID-19 resources at wegotchu.ca.
Campus building access
- All SFU campuses and buildings remain open with limited access: Limited access means the majority of perimeter doors for all buildings and all campuses will be locked, with specific doors unlocked between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. For more details, visit the Campus Public Safety website.
- Catch up on your favourite show or start a new series with Criterion on Demand! As an SFU student you have access to more than 3000 films at your fingertips!