Goals of the project
- To enhance the public space along Eihu Lane and contribute to the overall vibrancy of downtown public spaces
- To create an opportunity to incorporate public art into a laneway that is free and accessible to all
- To support local, emerging artists and designers by displaying their artwork for 3 to 5 years
- To transform back lane doors into works of art and encourage people to explore public space
Who is eligible to submit their artwork through this call?
- Current SFU Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology students
- SFU Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology alumni
- Door Wraps- Artwork will be printed on vinyl with an anti-graffiti laminate coating and applied to the exterior side of the identified alley doors. There are a variety of door sizes in Eihu Lane with approximate dimensions including: single (36”x84”), double (72”x84”), triple (108”x72”), and extra-wide (size varies). One piece of artwork will be matched with an entire doorway, whether it’s a single, double, or triple etc.
- Door Frames- Each door frame will be painted black to create a consistent look and feel
- Information Panel -An information panel will be installed next to each wrapped door to identify the artist and artwork title