- Summer 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019
- Denise Quesnel receives a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship to support her PhD research
- Master of Digital Media grad founds augmented reality company
- SFU film students create new platform for B.C.’s Indigenous filmmakers
- SFU students develop interactive AI design concept that could help teach children empathy
- Five FCAT faculty members receive SSHRC Insight Development Grants
- SFU partners with Kwantlen Park Secondary for summer school film course
- University Highlands Elementary partners with SFU for "Short Filmmaking Adventures" summer course
- FCAT Undergraduate Research Fellow Rachel Wong makes the most of her time at SFU
- Four FCAT faculty members receive Dewey Fellowships to investigate innovative teaching and learning methods
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- News archive
- Future students
- Get involved
- Current students
Film & Video, School of Interactive Arts & Technology
SFU partners with Kwantlen Park Secondary for summer school film course
Students from Kwantlen Park Secondary presented their summer school projects at a film screening and award ceremony on July 26 at SFU Surrey.
The Surrey School District, Kwantlen Park Secondary School and SFU Surrey teamed up for the first ever collaborative summer school focusing on film-making. Students took part part in a four-week, hands-on crash course in making their own one-minute movies.
The 12 students in Kwantlen Park's Summer Film Program learned about scripting and storyboarding, shot and scene design, camera work, audio recording, green-screening, editing, effects and post-production. They will also gain an ADST credit in Media Design. The course culminated with a movie showcase in SFU’s auditorium in front of parents and staff, with awards being presented for best film, director, audio, cinematography and actor.
SFU's School of Interactive Arts and Technology in the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology is provided the camera gear for this summer school, and they will be donating it to the school at the end of program.
Read more about the partnership in the Surrey Now-Leader.