- Future students
- Current students
- Get involved
- Return to campus
Return to campus information for faculty and staff
Our safe return to campus, along with post-secondary institutions across the province, will follow BC’s Restart Plan, the COVID-19 Return to Campus Guidelines and WorkSafeBC. The Province of BC and Worksafe BC have asked all BC post-secondary institutions to move away from unit-specific COVID-19 safety plans to university-wide Communicable Disease Plan.
All FCAT faculty and staff should:
- Read and adopt the SFU Communicable Disease Plan (one page overview, full plan) in place of the previously used safety plans.
- Take the SFU Safety Orientation required by WorkSafe BC (no later than September 1, 2021, where possible).
- Complete the Respectful Working and Learning Environments training module required by WorkSafe BC for all staff and faculty (no later than September 1, 2021, where possible).
The current guidelines stated on SFU's Return to Campus site are:
- Non-medical masks are recommended in all indoor common areas. Please respect everyone’s personal choice.
- Practice careful social contact and respect personal space.
- Stay home when you are sick and get tested.
- Conduct daily screening before coming to campuses.
- Campus access is restricted to students, staff and faculty.
Visit SFU's Return to Campus website for more information and resources and to find out more about return to campus plans for research.
SFU return to campus resources
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for B.C's post-secondary sector.
- See this IT Services page for many resources related to remote study, work and research.
- For more details about safety and returning to campus, refer to the Work and Research Safety website.
- Visit the SFU Research FAQ for details about how COVID-19 is impacting research activities.
Resources for staff and leaders
SFU Human Resources has many helpful resources: