- REDIRECT ONLY
- COVID-19 Faculty & Staff Resources
Researchers, instructors, and administrative personnel may APPLY to resume activity on campus or in the field in accordance with Provincial, University, and unit-level Guidelines. The expectation is that all work that can be done remotely will continue to be done remotely – this application procedure applies to essential work that cannot be readily accommodated remotely. Essential return-to-work activities include work that can be grouped into four general portfolios:
- Research on Campus – e.g., researchers that require access to critical laboratory equipment or bench work.
- Fieldwork (research- and teaching-related activities) – e.g., researchers conducting field work; instructors filming virtual fieldtrips.
- Teaching Activities (on-campus preparatory work for the Summer, 2021 semester) – e.g., instructors filming lab demonstrations for Fall, 2020 courses.
- Administrative Work – e.g., staff supporting the above activities (on campus).
Below, there are four redirect links that will direct you to application forms that are specific to each of the four work portfolios; each application form being customized to the specific work function (i.e., if you are applying to return-to-work for administrative work, you will not be faced with paperwork and protocols that pertain to return-to-work for fieldwork activities).
All application procedures include a Return-To-Work request form (one of the webforms linked below), a unit specific COVID-19 Safety Plan (in compliance with WorkSafe BC) and confirmation of SFU EHRS COVID-19 Awareness and Safe Return to Work Training; fieldwork applications also require the submission of a COVID-19 Field Activity Plan.
All applications require approvals from your unit Chair or Director and the Dean; applications for research activities (on campus or in the field) also require approval from the Office of the Vice President, Research.
RETURN-TO-WORK APPLICATION AMENDMENTS
Please use the webform below if you would like to make an amendment to your Return-to-Work application, either: (i) applications still under review for approval (i.e., if you have forgotten to include some information); or, (ii) applications that have been approved (e.g., if you need to add or remove personnel from your application; if you need to add or remove workspaces from your application; etc.).
Please be detailed and specific in your amendment request.