To be the leading Faculty of Environment, defined by its preeminent, community-engaged educational and research contributions to shaping a just and sustainable world.
Our Guiding Values
The Faculty of Environment’s core values support:
- A realistic but positive, hopeful vision of a just and sustainable world;
- An understanding of “environment” that includes diverse processes across both natural landscapes and sustainable human settlements;
- Teaching, learning and research that are innovative, impactful, academically rigorous, collaborative, discipline-based as well as interdisciplinary;
- Indigenization and community engagement as integral, rather than supplementary to teaching, learning and environmental research;
- An experience that is rewarding and inspiring to students, staff, faculty, alumni, sponsors and community members;
- The promotion of social and environmental justice, equity and well-being at all levels, from hiring practices to research engagement.