Undergraduate Students

Speak to an advisor

Make an appointment with the undergraduate advisor Arlette Stewart if you need a graduation check, would like to complete a second degree in Health Sciences, or are in academic difficulty. Students are encouraged to speak with their advisor once a year to ensure they are on track for graduation.

Book an Appointment

  • Click the 'Book an Appointment' link above to book an appointment or check for drop-in advising times. If there are no appointments available, drop-in advising is great for quick questions.
  • Email fhs_advising@sfu.ca as needed. Please include your student number and attach your advising transcript.
  • If you have questions about registering in non-HSCI courses, please contact the appropriate departmental advisor here.

All advising is held in Blusson Hall 10706 (SFU Burnaby campus).

Current SFU students must bring a copy of your advising transcript with you. Instructions on how to get your advising transcript from goSFU can be found here.  


Course Outlines, Timetables and Future Course Offerings

Need help planning your semesters? Take a look at the list of current and future course offerings.

Course Requirements

What are the courses you need to complete your program? Find out here.

  • Check here for the courses required to complete the BA in health sciences.
  • Check here for the courses required to complete the BSc in health sciences.
  • Check here for the courses required to complete a joint major in health sciences.
  • Check here for the courses required to complete a minor in health sciences.

Undergraduate Student Research Awards

Would you like to get some research experience while completing your undergraduate studies at SFU Health Sciences? Students can apply for three different types of research awards, which give them the opportunity to work in a research setting with a faculty supervisor.

Click here for more information on how to apply for the research awards, and available health sciences supervisors.

Undergraduate Student Forms

Need a program checklist or need to change your course enrollment? Want to do your honours or a directed studies course? You will need to complete one of the forms linked below.  

All undergraduate student forms and lists can be accessed here.  

Frequently Asked Questions

Burning questions about declaring your health sciences major, dropping a course or getting better grades? We have the answers right here.