Security Impacts & Institutions/Laws (UK)
Examples of policies, laws and institutions related to protecting specific populations, addressing violence and hate etc.
- Parliament shuts but needs to ensure scrutiny of heightened powers
- Electronic voting in parliament decreases discrimination against pregnant women, disabled, elderly and sick
- Government taskforce created for homelessness during pandemic
- Lack of care home inspections under Coronavirus Act
- Implementation of Scottish 2019 Domestic Abuse Bill has been 'patchy'
- Parents face fines or jail sentences for missing 'child contact orders' - may be for health reasons or scared of escalation