SFU Health Innovation
SFU Health Innovation showcases initiatives within the SFU Faculty of Health Sciences that focus on innovation and entrepreneurship aimed at developing solutions to address pressing health issues.
The Change Lab is a semester of building innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to complex health challenges. The Lab welcomes undergraduates who are risk-takers and passionate about creating healthy communities.
The Change Lab is:
- A once-in-a-degree, intensive studio program led by SFU Beedie and SFU Health Sciences
- An opportunity to gain 7 credits through BUS 453 (Sustainable Innovations) and HSCI 495 (Applied Health Science Project), a brand new course
- A unique experience featuring beyond-the-classroom explorations, field trips, mentorship, hands on and community-based learning, expert guests
- Opportunity to design your project and learning experience
- Led by dedicated instructors Shawn Smith (BUS) and Paola Ardiles (HSCI)
The Change Lab will be accepting a maximum of 20 students across all faculties for the Fall 2016 semester. Classes will be held on Tuesdays at SFU Surrey. To apply, email email@example.com with an unofficial copy of your transcript and a 200 word statement on why you would like to participate in this program. Applicants must have completed 60 credits and have a minimum GPA of 2.67 (exceptions can be made for outstanding students).
Applications are open now and will be accepted on rolling basis until capacity is reached. For more information, please visit radiussfu.com/sfu-health-change-lab-2016